Monday, March 7, 2011

Third Book In Amish Series For Sale

My latest book is Hal's Worldly Temptations-book 3 in Nurse Hal Among The Amish series. ISBN 098245953X There's plenty of places to get a copy. Right now the book is in ebook form at Kindle and Nook but in the next week it will be a paperback at Amazon, and my bookstore www.booksbyfaybookstore.weebly.com and I'll put the book on ebay when I get my first shipment.

I'm always surprised by what readers like about my Nurse Hal character. She has become a bit of a rebel in the Amish community, because she has trouble conforming to their ways. For someone that is not housewife material and loves her possessions- a car and cell phone, giving in to learning what she needs to know to be considered Amish isn't easy.

Nurse Hal can't catch on fast enough to keep her from making mistakes. That's another reason readers like her. Some of her mistakes will make you laugh out loud like when she's learning to drive a buggy and can only make the horse go in circles which ties up two intersections. One person told me she can just read so many sad books then she has to read one of mine to get herself back in a good mood. Each humorous situation I put Nurse Hal in comes easy when I think about what would happen to me if I tried to go back a century and learn what she is expected to know.

I hope you like the picture on my book's cover. A cover catches the buyer's eyes if done right and helps sell the book. With Christmas Traditions I used clipart which had the side view of a young woman in a bonnet. With my Amish series, I decided not to use people on the cover as many other authors do. I realize the people they use are models, but since Amish don't believe in pictures taken of them I've used scenery instead. The first book A Promise is a Promise has a picture on it that I took south of Bloomfield, Ia on an Amish farm. The second book, The Rainbow's End picture is my front yard just after a storm, and I added a buggy. I had to since I never see one go by. On this latest book, the picture is from the neighbor's place west of me. He'd just painted his buildings red and was proud of the way they looked. I told him I'd probably turn his barn white. You should have heard him groan. So recently I informed him I left his barn alone on the book cover, but he now owns two horses instead of one and has several buggies sitting in his pasture. When someone helps me out in any way with my books I give them a copy. I'm thinking this book cover will make him laugh.

Here is what it says on the back of the book - Join the fun! You are invited to the wedding of John Lapp and Nurse Hal. Family and friends gathered to cook, clean and plan. Men put up a tent in the yard for guests. So put on your bonnet or felt hat, hitch up the buggy and take a ride by scenic pastures and rolling hills to Wickenburg, Iowa. Take a seat on a bench next to Hal's parents. They will be glad to explain the ceremony, because they came armed with facts from Aunt Tootie's book on Amish customs. You will find a few surprises. Little Daniel Lapp interrupts the bishop when he asks if anyone objects. Oh and Stella Strutt has some sort of fit. It will be the most talked about Amish wedding for years to come. Hal's life goes down hill from there for awhile. She refuses to give away her car and cell phone. Getting caught by Stella Strutt at the Old Thrasher's Reunion on a "joy ride" doesn't help her avoid punishment. Is Hal going to be sent away before she gets settled into her new home? Stick around after the wedding and find out, why don't you.

If you like Amish stories join my readers and try the Nurse Hal books. I hear the stories aren't quite like any other Amish stories you've read.
www.amazonauthorpagefayrisner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment