Monday, March 12, 2012

Odds and Ends

I’ve received an outpouring of reviews from my relatives about the Bright and Bishop family history book I wrote. I loved that they told me they learned things from the book about our ancestors that they didn’t know. The book wouldn't have been possible if the relatives hadn't shared their stories and pictures with me. What is important about this book is the fact that future generations of each of the nine Bright children belonging to John and Veder Bright, my grandparents, will now have a book to educate them about the past. I don’t think I omitted anything of importance. At least, I hope I didn’t. Now we can proudly look back and say these are the people who made us who we are today; honest, hard working and people our children and their children can be proud of.


One of the bits of neat information I came away with that I knew vaguely before I wrote the Bright and Bishop family history book was that I have a very talented cousin. We have an artist in the family, Gene Foust. Thanks to the Internet I can tour his art gallery. I’d like to pass on the websites for this talented impressionist artist so you can take a look at his collection of works, too. The online store for Gene’s original paintings is at http://www.etsy.com/shop/foust If you could use a new landscape painting or a print please shop at Gene Foust’s store. He has been selling online for a number of years and has a BA from Truman University. His landscapes are reasonably priced and very colorful. Believe me when I tell you it will be hard to choose just one.

http://www.genefoust.blogspot.com/ is the site of impressionist artist, Gene Foust’s blog. Gene shows how some of the paintings he has worked on changed to the finished product. Addresses are included to reach the sites where you can purchase one of these paintings.

Http://www.fineartamerica/genefoust is an online art gallery that sells Gene’s landscape paintings. Two pages of fine art that will dress up any room in your house. An investment in this fine impressionist artist's paintings in our day may be a Antique Roadshow treasure in a few years.

I’m thinking there is still a generation of baby boomers and older folks that remember going to a one room school house. It’s fun to remember back to those days of a simpler time when all 8 grades shared one room with one teacher. The Bushwhacker Museum in Nevada, Missouri has a book on the history of school houses in Vernon County, Missouri where I went to school. The book is titled “Readin’ Ritin’, ‘n’ ‘Rithmetic” The story of Vernon County’s Country Schools complied by Neoma Forman and belongs to the Vernon County Historical Society. I purchased a copy sometime back and found the book very helpful while writing my family history book, complete with pictures of my mother and some of her siblings.

For sometime, a couple of my friends worked on and researched the school in Story County, Iowa that they attended. The completed project is a book about Milford Township Consolidated School titled “Milford Township And Proud Of It” written by Dale Hughes and Jurine Moore. This is a 354 page book, 91/2 x 11 inches laser pages with 702 pictures. There is a CD version available, too. For information on how to purchase this book or the CD to bring back memories of school days in Story County, Iowa, contact Milford’s Coordinator Jurine Borton Moore at 319 361 3300

Last but not least is news about the restructuring of my online bookstore. It is complete. I had so many books on the front page it was confusing. Now there are several pages of book shelves. Click on the tabs in the menu and go to the genre of your choice or look at them all. The site has my bio, a page of accomplishments and one with book reviews. My blog is posted on another page. There is a mapsite that shows where my books sell across the United States.

The bookstore is set up with paypal buttons under each book. The books are reasonably priced, signed by the author and in 12 font which is a larger print that is reader friendly. Shipping is fast since the inventory is at my home, and I order the books from print by demand. Take a look at the newly remodeled bookstore at http://www.booksbyfaybookstore.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment