Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Wishes

At this point in my life, I didn't think I needed or wanted much for Christmas except maybe good traveling weather so we can go to a family gathering on Friday. According to the weather men a good day on Christmas is too much to ask for this year.

So my next all I want for Christmas wish is to be able to download a new printshop photo shop I bought myself for Christmas. Since it looks like I'm going to be whiling away the day at home, I had hopes that I'd have the program installed instantly on Monday when it came. By now, I'd be learning how to use the program to improve my photos.

My old software is ten years old. It is considered antique and that must be true. It doesn't do the job on my pictures it once did which has made using it a struggle over the last year while I've inserted pictures that weren't very good quality in blogs, books and as a book cover.

So I found a good offer on the internet for software. This brand name program sounds great if I can figure out how to use it. The software came complete with a book of instructions for every imaginable problem. I can now brighten up the dark spots and darken up the light spots. If I don't like the background, I can erase it and put in something else. That's just for starters.

I've been studying a picture I took a few years ago of a spring rainbow arched between two apple trees. The yard is dark from cloud cover while the hay field, gravel road and brown fields are glowing in the sunlight. I can make out the faint rainbow in the dark stormy sky, but that's not good enough. I want the rainbow's colors to be more vibrant. So that's going to be my first try at improving a picture if I ever get the chance.

But that's a big IF. This software doesn't come with a plug and play system as all my other programs did. I've spent hours going over instructions from the company, trying to figure out how to get the software downloaded and activated. Part of the time, the website tells me my Adobe Reader isn't working. I get a blank screen for the video. So I sent a help email to the company's support. That got me all the instructions I already tried. Another email and the problem is found. The new software comes on a DVD. I can't install it with my computer unless I figure out how. So I'll keep trying to solve the problem. I could just send the software back but I really want that program and have 30 days to decide.

My next Christmas wish (And I know for someone who says they don't want or need a whole lot my list keeps growing) - I need Santa to give me for Christmas the book "Computers For Dummies."

No comments:

Post a Comment