Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Daylight

Back again. Maybe I am about to come out from under the workload I created for myself and see daylight. Finally after two and a half months I have submitted a cover for my latest book. Won't know until my proof come whether I will like the book's look or not but feel better that I have that out of the way. Now I'm working on a high school reunion book for my classmates to be done by Aug. 8th. That means I have to hustle to get all the bios and pictures typed into the book and get it ready for a classmate to take to the printer. Once that is done the pressure should be off. Between now and the Aug. 8 reunion I just have a birthday party to attend in State Center for a great niece and nephew. I think I see taking the boat out for a day of fishing. Iowa is having the coolest July on record and lots of rain. One of those cool days has to be a fishing day.
Just put a press release in www.tour.com and www.biblioscribe.com for a three day event in Belle Plaine Iowa in Franklin Park. It's a Civil War Days reenactment. Sounds like a good place to sell my Civil War book "Ella Mayfield's Pawpaw Militia" along with all the other books I've written. The reenactors come from all over so that might mean more sales if they take a few of my books home.
I'm all prepared to play the part of a Civil War era woman. I have a pioneer dress and bonnet to wear. Even bought a folding chair with a canopy so if I can't find a shade tree I will be shaded from the sun. Hopefully by then I luck out and have three days of sun instead of rain every other day like we have had for months. The first day of the event is for the school students. That should be fun to entertain them with my Civil War tales since the battles and escapades of Ella are true.
My goal for awhile is to keep you informed which sites I use to advertise my new book that should be out soon now that it has a cover so keep watching for "A Promise Is A Promise" ISBN 0982459505 and printed by Lightning Source Publishing.
The back cover says
Home Health Nurse Hal Lindstrom is assigned Amish widower John Lapp. She offers to stay with his children while he is in the hospital. Fifteen year old Emma takes care of the house. Her two small brothers are handling the dairy operation alone. Emma suffers from depression, Noah is withdrawn and Daniel sleepwalks outside, looking for his dead mother. Drawn in by this needy family, Hal soon realizes this family has a mystery they've swept under the proverbial Amish rag rug. The more she tries to help the deeper she gets sucked into the family's problem. Finally, Emma makes Hal promise to stop trying to unravel the tragic secret. When Hal's happiness is at stake she wishes she hadn't agreed, but a promise is a promise.
Gotta go,
Fay Risner
booksbyfay
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
www.booksbyfay.twitter.com
booksbyfay@yahoo to buy my books or for information about them

No comments:

Post a Comment