Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Make Hay While The Sun Shine

Literally that's what my husband and I did yesterday. We made hay. Usually it is very hot with the sun beating down on us and our hay making equipment, but with our usually cool summer, yesterday was a pleasant day. I did put on plenty of sun screen and didn't burn at all. Driving the tractor with a chugging baler behind me is not my favorite thing to do. So many things can go wrong like shearing a pen or not watching when too close to the fence. I stay nervous until we're done. While I'm trying to keep the tractor and bale on the windrows of hay, my husband is hooking the bales from the baler and stacking them on the hay rack. Once we have the hay bales picked up the hard part comes. We have to put the bales into the barn. I unload the hay bales on to a conveyor that sends them up to my husband in the loft. He stacks them neatly so there's room for the third crop. First thing he said this morning was the barn smelled so sweet with the fresh clover hay in the loft.
Now today I'm stiff and sore, but feeling good about a good day's work making hay when the sun shines that will be feed for our sheep and goats when the snow flies.
Still working on my business website. Hope to have it up and running soon so I can sell my books on line.
Gotta Go,
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo to buy my books
www.MyEntre.net to check out my book business

No comments:

Post a Comment