Saturday, August 1, 2009

Memories Are Important

Memories are important. Without memories, I couldn't write my historical fiction books. Some of the interesting details I use are from stories told to me by older people. Those tales stuck with me and now I use them in my books. I'm thankful that the older folks I visited with had good memories. Next Saturday night, I will find out if my generation has as good a memory. My 45th High School reunion is coming up that night. A night of visiting, recalling and sharing a good meal together in Keystone, Iowa (the town we started in). To be on the safe side, the committee for this event has left no stone unturned as far as memory goes. I was asked to write and format a picture book complete with bios to be given to everyone so they will have no excuse a few days from Saturday as far as remembering who lives where, how many offspring they have and what they did for a living when they worked. The book comes with a class and teacher picture for every year they were in high school. We can look at those pictures and see how everyone has changed. Come to think about it at my age that may not be so thrilling to watch us age in a few pages. The book was fun to put to gather and add small pictures or school newspaper headlines of each of our accomplishments along with the bios. I was only in that class for the last three years of high school so I was able to go back in time and see what I missed. I'll let you know the response to the book and if it works.
Right now I am busy telling the internet world about my new Amish book A Promise Is A Promise so if you're interested buy a copy and help me spread the word.
Gotta go. Am working on my new online bookstore. Tell you about that next time.
booksbyfay
Fay Risner
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
twitter/booksbyfay
booksybyfay@yahoo to buy my books. Take a look at my bookshelf connected to this blog

No comments:

Post a Comment