Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring fever and aches

Spring fever has set in. I worked in my flowers beds all afternoon yesterday and can barely move in an upright position today. Now I know why I didn't get a job doing manual labor with a shovel. In fact the fever is so bad, my husband tilled up the garden. I suppose he did it just to loosen the top soil, but I took that tilling as serious business and carried my seed potatoes to the garden. He told me it wasn't Good Friday yet. I said that was only a day away. In Iowa, not much grows until after the first of May. Potatoes may get bit back but they come right back up. I'm thinking about setting out one of the tomato plants I started in the house with a milk jug on top and see what happens. The earliest is about May 10th for Iowa, but I have plenty of plants. Around Kalona, Iowa, the Amish had rows of milk jugs in their gardens. That's just an hour south of me. Can't be that much difference in the temperature. Why not go for it.
Gotta go. The garden is calling me.
booksbyfay
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
www.amazon to buy my books
booksbyfay@yahoo to buy my books from me

No comments:

Post a Comment