Friday, March 6, 2009

Give a good review

Another beautiful day in the neighborhood. I was up early this morning, went for a haircut and checked the new babies in the barn.
Found on my email a good response to my Amish love story, "Christmas Traditions". I find it a thrill that people want to buy my books and an even bigger thrill when they respond back after they read the books to let me know that they liked the book and what they liked about it.
Keeps me knowing I'm on the right track, I have readers out there that like the type of books I write and it's a boost to my ego. So my advice is if you want to help further an author's career, ready books by new authors and if they have a website email let them know how much you liked their book.
My good problem is that most readers of my books tell me they would like me to write a sequel to which ever book they read. I'd love to do that and when I run out of ideas I just might get to it, but even with as much time as I have, it's not easy to whip up a book fast enough to please everyone.
The one I just finished I wrote in five weeks. That is a record when it usually took me a year with working at a job. Now I know that book can use some improvements, but I entered it in a contest. By the middle of March, I will know if I am in the first cut. If not I have an editor I want to query. If that doesn't pan out, I can self publish and have buyers waiting for the book. Title is "A Promise Is A Promise". It's an Amish story. I'm finding there are lots of readers that like Amish stories because of the simple life style. So if they like this book, I am thinking about making it a series. Gotta go. Need to get out another chapter on my memoir and enjoy the spring weather. I saw two flocks of geese going over this morning headed north. Love those geese for telling spring is near. Planted a container of tomato and pepper seeds yesterday so with any luck the plants will be ready by the time my husband has the garden tilled.
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Ia
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo
www.twitter/booksbyfay
www.blogger'booksbyfay
www.bushwhacker museum to buy my civil war book
www.camppope to buy my civil war book
www.bookorphanage to buy my mystery book
Lemstone Christian Bookstore to buy my books on Alzheimer's disease

No comments:

Post a Comment