Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Waited too long

I started a task that I should have been doing all along for ten years two days ago and still have several days left to work on this off and on since it brought on a writing project. I must confess to being a saver like my mother. I found things she had saved like documents for when my father was let go from the airplane plant as soon as world war 2 was over. The draft paper that said Dad should appear at the draft office. When they found out Dad repaired airplanes to be sent back to war as well as made new ones, they told him they needed him right where he was so he didn't have to go to the army. So I save every family event - wedding, birth, birthday and holiday gathering I took pictures. But instead of putting them in the scrap book as I went, around 1999 I started throwing the mementos in an old laundry basket. Determined now that I am retired to get done things I let go over the years I made scrap booking my task Saturday, thinking I could do it in one day. Of course, I was fooling myself. In the process I took the dozen picture books out of the closet and looked through them and that brought back memories. Made me remember my mother's oldest scrapbook that she loved to show us and reminisce about her younger days with friends and family. So now I'm scanning a bunch of the black and white pictures to use in a book about me with a look from my view about family. May be a while before I get all the pictures back in the scrapbooks and plus I am now reinforcing some of the books pages that had torn out. I'm glad I picked winter to work on this project. I piled each year out on the floor and then put the year in sequence when I put the pictures, cards and napkins in the book. So many pictures and cards came from people I worked with at the nursing home over the years, I placed them separately and have enough for a scrapbook of them. So there's another project.
So do you have a book in your life. Go get those pictures of your parents and grandparents and yours and look at them. So got to get back t0 the pictures. Bye
booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Ia
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo
www.blogger/booksbyfay
www.twitter/booksbyfay
www.amazon.com to buy my books
www.bookorphanage to buy my mystery book "Neighbor Watchers"
www.camppope to buy my civil war book "Ella Mayfield and the Pawpaw Militia"
Lemstone Christian Bookstore Cedar Rapids, Ia for "Open A Window" and "Hello Alzheimer's Good Bye Dad" Books about Alzheimer's
Otherwise try my email and buy from me. I have fifteen to pick from.

No comments:

Post a Comment