Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Try a critque

Yesterday was one of those glorious days that only comes once in maybe two weeks. I raked my flower beds so I could see the tips of tulips and irises among other flowers popping through. Today it's going to rain sooner or later and for a few days after this one. Those spring showers will bring on the flowers now that they are uncovered and it isn't even April yet.

Tried something I had thought about for awhile. There are many websites that have authors work and critique each other. I kept putting off trying one. Am I brave enough to hear what my peers have to say about something I wrote now that it's a done deal and the book is self published?

So last Sunday I came across www.authonomy.com and gave it a try with four chapters "Christmas Traditions" Amish love story. I have had four offers to read other works and have started that with comments to the authors. I just put four chapters on the web since I sell the book on www.ebay I didn't want to give away the ending. Today I got a great critique from one author who definitely wanted to see more if I could put the rest on. Sure makes it tempting. This author is fast becoming another fan of the Amish way of life. This is one way to get to read a lot of different books and I love to read. If I'm going to swap reads with these author I gotta go.
booksbyfay
Fay Risner
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo to contact me about my fifteen books
www.amazon to buy my books
Lemstone Christian Bookstore in Cedar Rapids, Iowa to purchase my books on Alzheimer's

No comments:

Post a Comment