Friday, February 27, 2009

A Spring Baby

My husband came in this morning carrying a cardboard box. In the box was a buff colored, baby goat that was very cold. Mama wasn't too happy to have a family I guess. She ignored him. So I have been trying to convince him the bottle is his best friend. Finally just a few minutes ago, he decided I was right. Now he's sleeping. So I will be on a feeding routine now for two months. After being outside a couple days ago, a hen decided to thank us today by laying an egg. Now we can look forward to fresh eggs.
A long time ago, I attended a writer's workshop in the back of the town library. The teacher was a retired English teacher. I will always be grateful for all that she taught me in that six weeks and ever since when she looks at my writing. Her advice from the start was to write about what I knew from experiences. That's easy to do when I enjoy animals and chickens. Makes my rural stories more believable.
Today I have been compiling family pictures and stories to make into a memoir book. I will self publish this book when it's ready, but I really don't worry about it selling except to relatives. Of course, there might be a lesson to be learned from my upbringing with today's economic mess.
Gotta go before the baby cries,
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Iowa
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo
www.twitter/booksbyfay
www.amazon.com for books
www.createspace for books
www.bookorphanage for mystery book "Neighbor Watchers"
www.camppope for Civil War book "Ella Mayfield's Pawpaw Militia"
Lemstone Christian Bookstore for "Open A Window" and "Hello Alzheimer's Good Bye Dad" both about Alzheimer's

No comments:

Post a Comment