Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ask questions

Cloudy and cool, snow on the way. That's why we say in Iowa to stick around. It's Iowa.
I'm learning to file neatly and keep an accounting book. What a challenge!
While I'm keeping the account files I also have stored up the reviews for my books. Comes in handy when I need one to advertise. Works as a morale booster for me as well when I begin to wonder what I have gotten myself into. For instance, I realized when my Amish story "Christmas Traditions" sold on ebay that I have a customer base for another Amish book. So I wrote one which I can always sell if I choose to self publish down the road.
Also I have a book full of writer sites I've posted short stories on so I can get viewers for my books. Does it work? I have lots of viewers but these are other writers so I don't expect buyers to come from that. Google me and those sites have submitted my Booksbyfay name so two pages of me show up. That's great if you know what to type for the search. Another site for writers to enter is reddit. Anyone want to ask me questions or comment just do so. I have learned a lot about the marketing end just from trying everything I thought would work for me on the Internet. Each day I will add another self publishing tip I have used. State tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment