Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Contests

Another pretty day in Central Iowa although a little too windy. But hey that is Iowa. I've been working on short story entries. I've entered the same contests for years and place with a few of my entries. Even won first place once with a chapter from one of my books.
Just finished another Amish book and sent it in to the Amazon book contest for self published authors. With ten thousand entries, I don't expect to make the first cut, but now I have another book to put on the market one of these days.
I published with Create Space. Since I had fifteen books, it seemed that was the cheapest way to go. Amazon sells the books since Create Space belongs to that company. Though I have sold quite a few in the last few months, an unknown author doesn't get brought out of the slush pile of books at Amazon unless you have some interesting keywords. That's why the word Amish gets my book Christmas Traditions noticed.
Well, sounds like some snow on the way. I have some errands to run so intend to do them this morning so I'm off the roads when the weather changes.
Tip for the day. If you are a new author looking for places to post a book, try Booksie. I have all of mine posted there and the first chapter of each. You can check back and see how many viewers you had and read comments left about your book. The comments can be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment