Sunday, February 22, 2009

Winter Window Scene

It's really, really cold in Iowa. I know this because I had to do the chores since hubby is under the weather. He can't figure out how I get done so fast. I say it's simple when you run. The sun is shining and the wind isn't blowing hard. I know this because the birds have decided it is safe to come out and hop in the yard. What they are feeding on is dog food bites. The starlings spent hours carrying the dog's food out of his bowl and dropping the pieces into our front yard because they were too hard to eat. When the snow melted and thawed the soggy pieces, the birds ate most of them. Now the starlings spit the leftovers back out. Spring will be here soon birds so get ready to clean up your mess when the pieces soften up again.
Internet is great for finding people with mutual interests. I just began a conversation with Helen who has a website for writing. www.hushpen.com so check her out. She has an interesting first chapter of a romance story she is working on. Give her your opinion and help encourage a fellow writer. This is the time of year that I work on my short story contest entries to see how I stand up in competition. So have to have my eight stories and essays done by the last of April. I have six of them formulated and just have to keep going over them to make sure they will pass a contest. Two more to create. Gotta go. Have to write.
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Iowa
website www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
www.twitter/booksbyfay
email booksbyfay@yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment