Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nature in Iowa

Saw an eagle yesterday about five miles from home. Probably the same one I saw on Monday just down the road by the creek in the top of a tree. How neat is that when eagles are so plentiful that they can be seen by anyone. Rates right up there with me with the hoot owl's wake up call in February at about 3 in the morning when he's calling for a mate. I have grown to count on that hoot as well as the screeching of mating cats beneath my bedroom window in the night. All signs that spring is around the corner. I'm ready.
booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Iowa
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
booksbyfay@yahoo
www.twitter/booksbyfay
www.amazon.com
www.createspace.com
www.bookorpanage for my mystery book "Neighbor Watchers"
www.camppope for my civil war book "Ella Mayfield's Pawpaw Militia

No comments:

Post a Comment