Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crazy TV show

Yesterday was one of those days, I could do without. First of all, my husband has been not feeling well for a month now. We went to the hospital early yesterday morning to a pain management clinic. Had no idea what he was in for. Was told he was going to get a epidural shot to stop the pain in his left leg.
Right away I thought of the television show I just watched on Monday night. I love "The Worst Week". Does anyone else know that show? It is a fast pace comedy that reminds me of the old shows from the fifties and sixties. I love it, because the show is not based on sexual content but real life experiences gone awry and exaggerated to a great degree.
So Monday night, the wife is having a baby. Her doctor refuses to give her the epidural shot so she's upset at the doctor. Her husband is on the way to the hospital, accidentally drops his cell phone and it goes in a post office pick up box. He has his arm in the box and gets way laid by a postal worker. He's taken to the hospital with bad back pain and given an epidural. He finds he's in the wrong hospital and has to get to his needy wife. His legs are turning to rubber by the time he gets out the hospital doors. He falls on the sidewalk and elbows his body to the hospital. Now not exactly believable because other people are walking all around him and don't seem to notice, but funny. He gets in the hospital, his father in law comes hunting for him and steals an old man's wheelchair. He gets to the delivery in time and his wife isn't too worried about him. She's mad because he got the epidural and not her.
Now here I am yesterday picturing my husband needing a wheelchair to get to the car and wondering how I am going to get 200 pounds of limpness in the house when we get home. Turns out this shot was a steroid to kill pain but works different than the shot given women in labor. He walked out of the room on his own. What a relief! However, other than writing this blog I didn't get up enough passion to try to write anything else. That whole imagination gone wild experience did me in for the day.
Today is a different story. It's a white, hazy world on the Iowa prairie today with a white out happening. Instant freeze to the face when I did chores this morning so I can work on writing all day and be glad I don't have to go back out. So gotta go.
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
website www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
www.twitter/booksbyfay
email fayrisner@yahoo

No comments:

Post a Comment