Monday, February 23, 2009

Kick Something

Ever have one of those days when you want to kick something. Preferably soft enough not to hurt my foot. So I'm an author that wants to make book sales with my books. I was so excited Jan.1 when I got an order for fifteen books - one of each. I sent the books in the mail right away. Three weeks later the buyer emailed me that the books didn't come. I hadn't put tracking or insurance on the box. Dumb I know. A few days later I get pieces of the top of my box in the mail from a recovery station post office. The letter told me to describe what was in the box and they would try to recovery my items. I sent a pic of all fifteen book covers. Never heard back. By Feb. 10th though the buyer is so very nice about waiting, I didn't feel right so I mailed out another box. This time I insured the box and put tracking on. Of course this $145.00 is on me. Friday I find out that the box is in the dead mail office and can't be delivered. Now I'm hoping that at least I can recover my money back for the books. The process is a long one I'm sure. In the mean time, I have to give the buyer the bad news that I have to order a whole new set of books because my inventory is depleted. That takes two weeks and two weeks for her to get the books. We are looking at end of March. This time I am using UPS. See if they can do a better job of delivery providing the buyer doesn't ask for the check back. Here's hoping for better days. Gotta go.
booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Iowa
website www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
email booksbyfay@yahoo
www.twitter/booksbyfay

No comments:

Post a Comment