Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A New Day

What a difference a new day makes! I've sold ten books which is great for little old me. The buyer who the post office keeps losing her books has gotten back to me that she is sorry this is happening to me. I called her an angel. It is I that is sorry this has happened to her. Any rate with a good night's sleep, multiple sales and an encouraging email from a buyer and I lost the urge to kick something.
Now how do you go about coming up with a story idea? I'm faced with that all the time. Got the new garden and flower seed catalogs coming in the mail all the time now. I love to look at them for new and improved varieties. A flower called Love Lies Bleeding is one I've had before, but I wondered about making that the title of a story. There must be some lore behind the name so I did my research and now I am writing a short story by that title for one of the contests. I've often said my best asset is my imagination. That is true. I'll let you know if I place in the contest with this story. Gotta write so have a good day,
Booksbyfay
Fay Risner
Keystone, Iowa
www.booksbyfay.tripod.com
email booksbyfay@yahoo
www.twitter/booksbyfay

No comments:

Post a Comment